Everything You Should Know About Water Hauling Services
Everyone uses water, whether it is for drinking purposes or for performing household duties. On a large scale, water is used in the paper industry, food industry, pharmaceutical industry, hydroelectricity generation, etc. However, people know very less about the vital role of water in the oil and gas industry.
Every year, a huge amount of water is consumed and produced in the oilfield industry. The major uses of water in oil and gas industry includes
- It is used to separate bitumen from clay and sand in oil sands mining.
- In conventional fields, water is pumped to extract the oil out of pores and cracks.
- It is used in the process of hydraulic fracturing to extract natural gas and crude oil.
- Water is used in dust control and washing oilfield equipment.
To fulfill the needs of water in the oilfield business, EV Oilfield Services provide water hauling services to carry water. Our company provides you with efficient and powerful water haulers which haul water from various locations as per clients’ needs.
Keep reading this blog to find out more about water hauling services.
What Type of Equipment is used in Water Hauling?
- Typical capacity of bulk liquid tank: 6,000-7,000 gallons.
- The material of the bulk liquid tank: Aluminum or stainless steel.
- Insulation: Not insulated in case of water. However, insulated in case of hazardous material.
- Compartments: Single or divided into two-to-four compartments.
- Dome: Situated at the top of the tank. It only allows the hose and the liquid product to pass through it.
Pumps and Compressors:
- Pumps and air compressors are used for loading and unloading of bulk liquids like water.
- The main purpose of an air compressor is to blow the compressed air with the help of a hose.
- On the other hand, a pump is used to transfer water as well as flammable liquids because it enhances the flow of the material.
How the Process of Loading and Unloading is executed in Water Hauling Services?
- Before loading, the type of product which has to be loaded is determined.
- Tank, drums, and containers are prepared for loading.
- All the equipment is cross-checked. The bulk liquid tank is cleaned and dried.
- During the process of unloading, the sample of the water is taken to check whether it is in good condition or not.
- A compressor and pump are used for unloading the hauled water.
- The dome of the tank is closed while unloading with a compressor whereas the dome is open while using a pump.
How a Company does Ensures Quality & Safety While Providing Water Hauling Services?
Compatible Equipment: They make sure that the equipment used in transportation is compatible with the product. It is the responsibility of the company to ensure the compatibility of the tank and related equipment such as center or rear unloader, amount of hose, etc.
Safety: A company always ensures that the safety guidelines are followed while the loading and unloading process. Precautions are taken to avoid spills and inclement weather.
Maintenance of Equipment and Trucks: The Company ensures the maintenance of hauling equipment and trucks by doing daily inspections. It is vital to avoid any mishaps, accidents, or delays in the delivery.
Compliance: All the carriers of the company adhere to Hours of Service (HOS) regulations and Electronic Logging Device (ELD) Mandate. The company makes sure that they are licensed and registered appropriately.
What are the Responsibilities of a Shipper, Receiver, and Carrier while Hauling Water?
Responsibilities of a Shipper
- To understand the nature of the product being shipped.
- Ensuring product safety and fulfilling certification and equipment requirements.
- Understanding the rules and regulations of hauling in compliance with local government.
- Providing Bill of Lading (BOL) and other necessary paperwork.
- To make sure that the tank trailer is clean and odor-free.
Responsibilities of a Receiver
- To verify the product received before unloading.
- To provide a safe and clean environment for the unloading of the product.
- To provide an associate to monitor the unloading process.
Responsibilities of a Carrier
- To provide a clean tank trailer with appropriate insurance.
- To provide a professional and well-trained driver.
- To provide high-quality equipment such as pumps, hoses, fittings, etc. as per the customers’ needs.
- To provide safety equipment including PPE’s.
Why Choose Us for Water Hauling Services?
EV Oilfield Services is a reputable name when it comes to providing water hauling services. We not only deliver fresh water to various locations but also remove unwanted saltwater and hazardous material. The reasons which make us the best choice for water hauling services are:
- Efficient and powerful 130-150 BBL trailers
- A large fleet of trailers and tankers
- Certified and licensed CDL drivers
- Bonded and insured vehicles
- High-quality equipment
- Safe and secure delivery.
Give us a call if you need water hauling services.